Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS AMAMI?
- Ang federasyon ng mga
- Magulang na may
- Anak na
- Maykapansanan sa Pilipinas
is a national federation of parents of children with cross disabilities.
WHAT IS VISION AND MISSION OF AMAMI?
WHAT IS PWD, CWD, YAWDs?
- PWD - Person with Disabilities
- CWD - Children with Disabilities
- YAWDs - Young Adults with Disabilities
What is Disability, Handicap and Impairment?
- A disability or Handicap is a functional limitation or restriction of an individual's ability to perform an activity
How do you define a disabled person?
- Are those persons who have physical, cognitive, mental, sensory, emotional and developmental or some combination of these disabilities.
What are the causes of disability?
- The cause of disability may come from birth, genetic, accidents and diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease and many more.
What is the relationship between disability and poverty? In what way do they feed on each other to worsen the situation of PWDs?
- Poverty causes disabilities and can furthermore lead to secondary disabilities for those individuals who are already disabled, as a result of the poor living conditions, health endangering employment, malnutrition, poor access to health care and education opportunities etc. Together, poverty and disability create a vicious circle. www.worldbank.org
Ang Federasyon ng mga
Magulang na may
Maykapansanan sa Pilipinas
Sec Reg. No.: A2001 -09494